We are continuing to actively monitor COVID-19 and are taking all reasonable and precautionary measures. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Based upon recommendations by Gov. Charlie Baker and the Massachusetts Dental Society we are now open and able to see patients. The dentists are now permitted to do all necessary dentistry and as of 6/25, that also includes cosmetic procedures.
The schedule has been modified to allow for greater social distancing. As a result, the doctors and hygienists are working in shifts. We are making every effort to be there for as many of you as will be possible, but you may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We are making these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We hire an outside company to go through our office once a year to suggest any updates and to do a full day training. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. In many instances, we go well beyond those recommendations.
ULV COLD FOGGING:
One additional safety percaution we are now taking is to cold fog each room after every patient visit with hypochlorous acid. Hypochlorus is a powerful oxident that is 100 times more efficient at killing microbial pathogens than sodium hypochlorite (aka chlorine bleach) It has been used on fruits and vegetables for years and is a safe and effective way to kill the virus very quickly on both surfaces and most importantly, in the air. More information can be found on the following link
- There may be some additional steps in the appointment process. Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again on the phone when your appointment is confirmed.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Your appointment may also be longer so as to accomplish more dentistry at one time, thereby reducing the number of visits necessary .
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce or completely eliminate the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Text or call our team when you arrive. It is preferable that you wait in your car until you are notified that we are ready to see you.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. In fact, we are implementing some new procedures to help you avoid the waiting room all together, but masks will be required if you are there.
- You will have your temperature taken as soon as you arrive and should know that this also applies to all staff and doctors. If your temperature is elevated, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment, if not you will then be taken directly to the treatment room.
These are basics. Please continue to check our website: cdgboston.com. The website will be updated as protocols evolve.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 617-266-8770 or visit our website at www.cdgboston.com Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Drs. Mizner, Giannacopoulos, Tonelli, Papaspyridakos and staff
For additional information regarding COVID-19 and recommended closures please refer to www.massdental.org or www.cdc.gov
Thank you for trusting us during this time….stay healthy!